Monday, June 6, 2011

Guadalupe the Artist! (Janel)

Janel, an intern at La Aldea Infantil, gives us a peek into Guadalupe's life and talents:

Guadalupe (in yellow) not only likes to joke around and laugh, but loves to color and paint. Unfortuantely, she does not have materials of her own. I brought a couple of coloring books to her house and she immediately grabbed extra paper and began tracing the pictures. She wanted to have pictures to be able to color when I left. She even traced enough to share with the younger girls. I encouraged her to color the pictures in the book and that I would draw pictures for her to color. She loved my drawings! I looked at the pictures that she especially enjoyed and drew similar glamorous girls with over sized eyes and altered them a bit to resemble her peers.


She couldn't get enough of it and was sad when it was time for me to go.

Although her test scores might not be up to par with the average 17 year old, her love of crafts and creativity level surpasses that of any teenager. Upon being questioned, she confirmed that she will be continuing her work when she leves the Aldea. Make a note of her name because you could someday be buying her artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment