Monday, June 20, 2011

Double the Fun (from Amanda)

Amanda, an intern at La Aldea Infantil, introduces us to the twins, Fanny and Sofia:

Double the fun! Meet Fanny and Sofia--the twins at the Aldea. These girls are just precious. This week we have gotten particularly close and I am convinced that it is more than the mere fact that I give them candy :) Fanny and Sofia are 8 years old. They love to giggle, draw on the sidewalk with chalk, jump rope and help with the babies. Due to the fact that they are twins, I think that sometimes it is assumed that their personalities, strengths and needs are identical. After watching closely this week, however, I have come to realize that this is not the case. Sofia, for example is a star at math. She is doing well with her addition and seems to enjoy doing her homework while Fanny absolutely detests it. Fanny, on the otherhand loves to jump rope, outlasting most of the other children her age, and can climb a tree faster than you can say Aldea Infantil! Both of them work to overcome obstacles such as speech impediments and super short attention spans in order to continue learning and furthering their education. These girls are my new little buddies and they latch onto my hand the moment they see me. It is just too much fun spending time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment