Thursday, June 16, 2011

The brothers of house 5 (Janel)




A post from Janel at La Aldea Infantil:

"House 5" is a house full of 8 boys ranging from ages 1 to 16. This week I received three large packages full of goodies from a family I consider my own in Missouri. The packages were filled with books, small toys, arts and crafts, school supplies, and candy all for the children. I haven't seen the kids more excited! The small toy cars immediately caught the boys´ attention. They did everything from racing, trading, and even bartering them. The most interesting and humorous to me was the game of "Where is Obama?" Caesar (16) would line the toy cars like they were parading down a boulevard and Ruben, Jhonatan, and Jose would guess which car President Obama was in. The creativity of these boys is amazing. They make so much out of what they have that when given more they immediately jump at the opportunities.

I am impressed at how well the boys listen to the Tia and are willing and proactive in completing their chores. They have been taught well.

The boys watch out for each other and consider one another family. I asked Miguel if he had any brother or sisters. He told me he had 7. I found out later by talking with the Tia that he has no biological siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment