Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Some Final Thoughts from Cynthia

Cynthia and Milagros

As our interns get ready to leave Peru, they left us with some final thoughts about their experience:

Cynthia (El Bichito)

I think the thing I have appreciated most about my work here in Peru is the opportunity it has given me to grow. Some days were hard, really hard. I felt like I wasn’t doing enough, or like my words weren’t going to make an impact, the language barrier got in the way and I found myself frustrated by little things. But once I was able to work through those little things and remind myself that everything would work out, I could step back and see how far I had come. My Spanish still isn’t perfect, I am still not the most patient person in the world, I still don’t understand why life is the way it is sometimes, but I am definitely better than when I started. I am a better person and I know the important things. Like God loves all of his children, that the kind words and actions we share with others really make a difference and that change for the better is possible, in all aspects of life.

I don’t know what life holds for me or for these wonderful children I am leaving, but I do have hope. I have hope for my future and my ability to continue to love these kids from afar. I have hope for these kids who have changed my life, and have the potential to change the world they live in. I have hope that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all will be made right.

No comments:

Post a Comment