Friday, April 1, 2011

I Found My Occupation (Julia)

March 27 post from Julia, an intern at La Aldea Infantil:

The funny thing about being here in Peru is that you end up doing things you never thought you would do at least in the states. I cut my friend's hair at college but that basically was the extent of my hair cutting experience. I'm not sure why I offered, but when Carrie and Izzy said they needed a hair cut, I offered my services and they actually turned out pretty well. The day after I cut Carrie's hair, she went to eat and the Tia asked if I could cut the other boys' hair so I said sure. The next few days no one really said anything about cutting their hair so I wasn't planning on doing it, but Victor David, one of the nicest boys at the Aldea, asked me personally if I would do it so I had to say yes. He had in mind what he wanted (a little rat tail in the back) and was very grateful when I was finished. I love this boy so much and I'm going to be so sad when I have to leave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment