Friday, April 22, 2011

Flashback Friday


Checking back through old posts, I found these from Joy when she helped with the blog. She inspired me to do my own today while we are in-between interns at La Aldea and El Bichito.

Last summer, I kissed my new fiancé good-bye and headed off on an adventure I will never forget. When thinking about my internship, I often think of Miguel who needed extra help in reading. I remember sitting with him while he slowly sounded out the words and wishing I could help him more. He seemed happy and encouraged that I was willing to sit with him and help with his homework. His tia was very loving to the children in her house, but often did not have the time to help each child with their homework in addition to making their dinner and getting them ready for bed. I am so grateful that interns are still going to the Aldea and helping kids like Miguel. We are excited that the interns leaving this summer will be helping raise money for tutors that will help the kids in the afternoons! This will be a great blessing to the kids and their educational futures!

We have interns arriving on site by the end of next week, so check back soon for more updates on the efforts at La Aldea and El Bichito!

Sponsoring a child at La Aldea and El Bichito info!

No comments:

Post a Comment