Thursday, April 7, 2011

Flor Margarita


Post from Erin Collet, an intern at El Bichito:

Flor Margarita is one of the wonderful girls here at El Bichito. We saw her a few times over the summer, but I've had a chance to spend a lot more time with her since school started. She took awhile to warm up to all of us, but she's been great about getting her homework done and has stayed to play games and do activities a lot more recently. A few days ago I was helping her with her math homework. Usually math is my favorite kind of homework to help with because I know what to do and how to explain it. Unfortunately she was working on some pesky word problems. After a lot of difficulty figuring out what the problem said I was so excited when she finished the problem. Thinking that was it since it had been so hard and taken so long I gave her a high-five and a sticker. After I put a sticker on the homework chart she told me she still had more math problems- I couldn't believe it! We worked hard until she had to go and I was so proud of how she stuck to doing her work! I'm grateful for the lessons Flor Margarita has taught me about loving others, making others feel included, and working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment