Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Junior's love for math (Cynthia)

Junior makes me laugh every day. He comes in every afternoon with a big smile and a walk like he owns the place. While Junior's confidence can sometimes make him a little bossy, he is still so willing to learn.
Last week we had our academic standards testing and while I was working with Junior I discovered his love for math. Though only starting 2nd grade, Junior has mastered his basic math facts and is ready to learn more. I decided to see how he would do at multiplication though they have not learned it in school. After briefly explaining what to do, he was off and running with it. Problem after problem that I put up on the board for him he was able to solve. I have never been so surprised or proud! I'm thinking with math skills like these and his joy for drawing, Junior should be an architect!

No comments:

Post a Comment