Friday, March 25, 2011

Hard at Work, Hard at Play (Erin)







Reuben started coming to El Bichito when school started, so I've only known him for a short time, but he's already captured my heart! He is fun-loving third-grader with a lot of spunk. Sometimes it takes the kids a while to warm up to us interns, but from day one Reuben told me all about his day at school and what he wanted to do. I am always impressed how quick he is to take out his homework and get it done. He's a very bright and dedicated student. As soon as his homework is done though, he is ready to play! Whenever he notices my camera is out, he is quick to pose and ask for a picture. We made a goal tree today (we had the kids cut out leaves and write goals for school on them and then taped them ot the tree on the wall) and Reuben wanted to show me every leaf he made and read me his goals. They included reading more books and doing well on his homework. He gets really involved whenever we have an activity and is a great sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment