Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hector: The Writing Machine! (Jake)







March 22 post from Jake:

School has recently begun here in Puylucana, and with the return of schools comes the dreaded "tarea" or homework. Well at least I dreaded to do homework when I went back to school, but that's not the story for most of kids here at El Bichito. Hector is a six year old that is just beginning the second grade. He is also one of the happiest and energetic kids I have ever met. Hector showed me the writing homework he was assigned and I thought it was maybe due at the of the week because it was so much, but no, it was due the next day. I thought there was no way he would be able to get it all done. So I decided I would do all the same writing exercises as him and it could be a little race to see who could finish first....Needless to say I lost that is how Hector earned the title as THE WRITING MACHINE. When Hector is properly motivated, he can use his endless energy to accomplich anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment