Monday, March 7, 2011

Feliz Cumpleanos Cesar!! (Natalie)

Image: Cesar with Fabricio

Thursday was Cesar Hamberto's 16th birthday!
He didn't even know it was his birthday, he was surprised when we told him his birthday was coming. He got ambushed with a few traditional eggs cracked on his head of course. His birthday request was a soda, and being dumb and agreeing to bet a soda on our futbol match which I had no chance of winning, he gladly accepted two sodas for his gift. I don't think he expected anything for his birthday because when I asked him what he wanted he didn't think I was being serious and when I actually gave it to him he couldn't believe it. His huge grin was great! After dinner we enjoyed a delicious cake and sang to him. I'm glad to report that he told me he had a great birthday is very happy.

Other updates:
The kids started school again this week.
We are teaching some of the girls (plus Victor and Jose) a dance that they are going to perform on Tuesday at a party.
I regularly play a match with the older boys and am get them to participate more and more.
We made a new schedule for the school year that includes weekly sports, crafts, dance, and self esteem classes after homework is done.
The kids are all happy and having fun.
They love learning new English phrases and repeating them back to us.
Everything is going good and i'm LOVING it here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment