Monday, May 14, 2012

La Aldea Infantil: Saying Good-bye

Jayde tells us about her last week at La Aldea Infantil: 



This week was my last week at the Aldea, and it couldn’t have gone any
better. I had such a great week with the kids! We were able to have a
bonfire on Thursday night with all the older kids. They loved it and
so did I! I was so glad for one last opportunity to hang out with the
older kids that I have gotten so close to. We consider them good
friends and this was our way of letting them know. After a night of
dancing and S’mores-making we were pretty tired, but the next day we
did it all over again at the birthday party for all the April
birthdays! This was quite possibly the most fun birthday party yet! I
love when everyone in the Aldea gets together and I can see just how
close they all are. They really are one big family. I am so grateful
for the past 4 months and the opportunity I had to become a part of
that family. I will never forget the friendships that I gained and the
memories we made together.


Alondra, Jean Pierre, Briyalyn, and Zuly


Zuly and Pilar

Thanks Jayde for your wonderful service! We and everyone at the Aldea are sad to see you go!
Learn more about becoming an intern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment