Tuesday, May 15, 2012

La Aldea Infantil: Parting thoughts from Lauren

Lauren describes her thoughts as she leaves the Aldea:

Wow, where have the past 4 months gone? I can't believe that tomorrow
morning I will be boarding a plane to take me back home to the States.
My time here as been beyond amazing, and I will never ever forget not
just the wonders of Peru, but each of the kids at the Aldea. Each one
is so sweet and special, I can't help but not love them with all of my
heart. Leaving them on Friday was probably the hardest thing that I
have ever had to do in my entire life. There were definitely many
tears shed.
Because of my experiences here in the Aldea, I have not only learned
about the culture and such, but I have also learned a lot about
myself. One in particular is that no matter a child's family
situation, they are still a child. They still want to have fun, go to
school, make friends, do sports, and so many other things. They don't
want you to feel bad for them, they just wanted you to love them for
who they are. Once you have learned that, there is no going back, you
are hooked. When they smile, you smile, when they laugh, you laugh,
when they cry, you cry, etc.
Thank you all for allowing me the opportunity to go to Peru and love
all of these children here. I am leaving a better person than when I
first came here. These experiences here will not only last my entire
life, but will also, hopefully, inspire others to embark on their own
journey's towards self-discovery. Thank you!

Thanks Lauren for your generous service! We are sad to see you go!
Learn more about becoming an intern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment