Tuesday, May 8, 2012

La Aldea Infantil: New recycling program


**I apologize for the lack in posting lately! The next few days will be full of everything our interns have been up to in the past several weeks!**

Update from Jayde from April 9:
This week, the Aldea introduced various recycling bins to all the kids
and faculty. They held meetings to teach everyone about the importance
of recycling and caring about the environment. I was so proud of all
the kids, they took it seriously and I could tell that they want to
help out. The older kids understand that they need to help the younger
ones with recognizing which bin to use. Tia Blanca, Tio Cesar, and
others on their committee each took turns explaining it all to them
and then let them ask their questions and give their input. I was so
glad to be able to take part in such a huge step for everyone at the
Aldea! They will stop burning their trash and start recycling
everything they can. It will be a big change for us the next few weeks
but we are all willing to do our part! Everyone at the Aldea truly
cares about their impact on the environment. Though I won’t be here
long enough to see the long term effects, I’m so glad I got to help
out with the beginning!

 Tio Cesar and Tia Blanca explaining the recycling program.




No comments:

Post a Comment