Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Success (Britney)

I hope you read this far because it was an absolutely hilarious day. Starting backward, because that’s how I wrote it in my journal, I felt like I haven’t become close to casa 8, where I eat, like I did the house I ate in last week, but tonight was the night! For one, I found out Ana, one of the girls who is always home during the day and more taciturn, made the dessert which was milk with bananas in it (don’t judge too quickly - it sounds horrible but it was delicious)! At first, she denied that she made it, but her tia kept insisting and I finally convinced her to teach me this coming Wednesday = success #1.
Then, UNO is typically the 1/2 hour I dread at the house because all the kids go crazy and don’t play by the rules. But tonight only Catarine, Manuel and I were playing in a room and I totally joked back to counter all their crazinesss and it worked! For one, I made Catarine hold up three fingers to promise me that she wouldn’t cheat. Ever since then I’ve made her do the scout’s honor promise for books I’ve lent her multiple times and she is so good about returning the books and taking care of them now! On Sunday, I totally forgot to do the promise and she begged for it and said “before I take your books I have to do the promise.” Then at dinner she bragged that I trust her a lot now and she is honest, because she does the promise. She even closes her eyes now when she shuffles because before she was stacking the deck all the time in her favor! = SUCCESS #2.
This same night, I started pulling out my delectable dance moves, which Kelsey loves when I show off in public, since the girls were listening to Justin Beiber and they all loved it! I even got kisses for it - take that Kels! Plus, it definitely created a bond. Then as I was leaving, cute little Manuel hugged me and said “Te quiero, te quiero! Hasta Manana!” I practically skipped out of there! = SUCCESS #3!
Earlier, I had come from casa 5, where we celebrated Ruben’s birthday. How hilarious is this - they sing Happy Birthday first in English and then immediately follow it up with a version in Spanish. But one cool tradition is that the Tia praised him and then invited everyone around the table to do the same!

Earlier in the day, cute Daniel with disabilities screamed when he saw me and ran to hug me - ahh how the kids are so loving here!

No comments:

Post a Comment