Friday, August 27, 2010

Cesar (Preston)

I have been playing some chess with the kids, and while teaching the younger ones takes a lot of patience, there are some of the older ones that are actually quite good. This one guy, Cesar Humberto, who is 15, who is very bright and already knew how to play chess. He gave me a very good fight, and I´m sure he will beat me a few times before I leave the Aldea. I love how I am really feeling more comfortable here at the Aldea. I can joke around with the kids and even the Tias and it feels like home.

So we have a new intern here! She´s from Ohio and is great. Britney graduated from BYU in 09 and is 24 so I am not the oldest one here anymore! Her spanish is second to Preston´s and she came prepared with spanish books for the kids and is really motivated to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment