Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Older Boys (Kelsey)

I am still enjoying my time here very much. Yesterday i got frustrated for the first time. We got out the baseball equipment for everyone to play with and the went nuts, they wouldn't listen, they would give me the bats, and they were like swinging them at people. One older boy purposefully threw it as far as he could over my head so I or one of the kids would have to run after it, all because i made him let me hold the bat while he wasn't hitting. But if i can find a way to have more control, it could be alot of fun. Also, last night was so funny. I was sitting in our casa with Tanner, one of the other interns, and there was a knock on the door. Kenny, one of the boys is casa 5 (the teenage boys) came in and he started talking to Tanner. He then proceeded to tell Tanner that i was cute or something along those line and Tanner laughed and said, "Dude she understands spanish." And Kenny turned all red and turned to me and was like Do You? And i told him of course i understood him! Then he tried to play it off like he knew that, so when he left he was like Goodbye, my love. Tanner was laughing so hard. That boy is really kind hearted. Most of the boys in that casa are, despite their tough guy exterior. I like playing soccer with them.

So i just finished a game of soccer with the older boys. It was the funnest thing ever. We were playing and its so intense. I kicked my shin into a boy's shin 3 times in the same place, i have a HUGE bump there. It was so funny though, soccer is definitely not my sport. My first reflex is to knock the ball down with my hands,which is obviously illegal. But after doing it twice Hector grabbed a flower that was on the ground from this huge tree and he handed it to me and was like "Tarjeta Roja" and pretended to blow a whistle haha this huge red flower. It was so funny! He is absolutely my favorite. They kept calling stuff on me, but they were just making fun and joking around. I think they enjoyed the game alot too. They like messing with me. Its good because that means they like me enough to even talk to me, which is more than some of the other people here can say. Also, i tried to buy a slingshot today at the Bodega, but they didn't have any! Some of the older boys carry them around their torsos or they wrap it up around their wrist. I think its sweet and i want them to teach me how to use it. Anyways, today was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment