Friday, August 20, 2010

Ruben (Kelsey)

So this week i want to tell you about my favorite so far. Yes i can have a favorite. His name is Ruben and he is in Casa 2 where i have been eating my dinners. Ruben is such a tough guy, he likes wearing like cut off tank tops and he always has his hair in a cute little faux-hawk. He always makes faces in pictures like he's Slim Shady or something. Yesterday we had this party and the kids were making each other into mummies with toilet paper and he totally smiled and was having a blast. Last night after dinner we were taking a ton of pictures and he loved to dance for the camera or throw up gang signs or something like that. He just makes me laugh, because he is trying to be stone cold, but his heart is too big. I am kind of sad that i don't get to eat in their Casa this week. I'm moving on to a different Casa. Oh! And we brought out a couple of the coloring books this week and the kids were going nuts, they get saying "Regalome!" And we would have to tell them that the coloring books were for everyone to share and they couldn't just take as many as they could hold and stash them in their rooms. But they colored for hours until their Tia's started yelling and telling them it was time for them to shower before dinner. Oh and yesterday we were playing soccer with one of the soccer balls that Lacey brought and Hector, one of the like 15 year old boys kicked it up and it smacked me right in the side of the face! He felt so bad. After that i kept telling him i was going to have a black eye and he broke my face and stuff like that to make him feel bad. He's a funny kid too.

I am seriously loving it here. I can't wait to get out of bed and go play. The food is pretty good, lots of beans and rice, and i could eat their little breads all day! Plus we get some fruit. I could eat fruit and bread for every meal for the rest of my life. This fruit and bread at least. I love going to town and seeing the people and the Peruvian culture. I love spending time with the kids, who love you so much, even if they don't know who you are. They just want to know that you'll still be here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment