Monday, March 15, 2010

spunky Luz! (Cori at the Aldea)


This week was yet again packed with so many incredible moments, everyday is such a learning experience, and I continue to feel more and more blessed each day. This week I wanted to highlight Luz Marina.

I actually ate in her same Casa this week, which helped me to get to know her a little bit more. It was one of the first nights eating there and she just made everything so much fun. She was constantly laughing and saying funny things. There was one phrase she kept saying and dancing to, which I continued to laugh with her about, "I love you, I love you, I love you." As she sang this she would shake her hips, and start laughing hysterically. It just made me laugh every time I heard her sing it. I taught her this handshake off of the movie Parent Trap and she learned it so quick and would keep laughing every time we did it. She has so much spunk, it's fun.

The things about Luz is that she is really athletic! She is great at all sorts of things and loves doing it all. I asked her what her favorite things was to do and she listed basically it all. She loves to sing, dance, play sports, is interested in gymnastics too. I had her try a kart wheel, and wow she did an incredible job. It has blown me away how great she did considering it was her first time I think. I honestly think she would be great at gymnastics or something athletic that includes strength. She said she would love doing something like that.

One thing about her too is that she has a very strong personality. . . She is always helping the the Tia around the house cause she is one of the few older ones in the house. I always saw her helping and willing to work hard with anything. She definitely knows how to help and to make others smile and laugh. What an incredible girl she is, and I honestly feel like she will excel in anything that she puts her mind to. I hope to continue to get to know her and continue to learn from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment