Monday, March 1, 2010

Alfredo and Ruben (Mitch at the Aldea)


One kid that I have absolutely fallen in love with is 4 year-old (3 or 4, I really don't know exactly) Alfredo. If I was to have a little boy of my own, I would want him to be like this little guy--spunky, happy, funny, strong and super trusting. Every time Alfredo sees me, even if he is 50 feet away, he makes a huge mischievous smile and then starts running full speed straight at me, and right before he reaches me he jumps and for some reason trusts that I will catch him. Sometimes I go looking for the guy just so he will come and jump into my arms--I absolutely love it! He loves sitting on someone's lap and is always curious of what you are doing.

And then there is Ruben. This guy is a little older than Alfredo, but just as much fun. I went to the beach last week with his house and another house and we had an absolutely awesome time together. Along with the help of some of his friends, we were able to bury Ruben completely in the beach, leaving only his head out of the sand. The waves were so good that day and the beach had the perfect steepness that when the waves would break on the shore they could carry a kid 10-15 feet up the sand, not to mention me along with them! Of course Ruben was one of the first to figure this out and it wasn't long till many of the kids all opted to get hammered by these waves and rocketed up the beach. So much fun, and so much fun to watch!

Also at the beach, him and most of the other boys starting playing a game where they would throw a soccer ball into the sea and then wait to catch it as the waves would shoot the ball up on shore. Pretty soon they started asking me to throw the ball out to sea as I could throw it considerably farther than they could. As usual, the ball would eventual make it back to shore and they would scramble to be the first to catch it. The game evolved further to include point values for who ever grabbed the ball first when it finally came back to shore. We would play games up to 500. Ruben is almost fearless and always willing to try new things. If you didn't already figure it out, he loves to swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment