Friday, March 19, 2010

An Example for the Older Boys (Mitch at the Aldea)

Things continue to go well with the older boys as well. We had another late night of Uno playing, which I never did win by the way, and I feel like day by day I am becoming more of a big brother to them. One thing I want to be an example of is to always treat girls with respect. There is a huge lack of respect here among the kids. If I can help out even the littlest bit in treating girls with respect, I will be most satisfied.

One of the boys, Juan Carlos, is doing exceptionally well. He, along with the others, has so much potential to become someone in this world, find success, and make a difference. Juan is definitely the most reserved of the older boys, but makes a super good friend for the others. Every once in a while, Juan will show his crazy side, like when us boys beat the girls in volley ball 2 games to 1 and he starts doing his victory dance; or when at the beach, he starts a mud fight out in the water against Cori and I which only ends when we finally leave the beach 3 hours later. The boys got Cori pretty good. I still think she is picking mud out of her hair.

Juan loves to play soccer and surprisingly, he loves learning how to swim. He is one of the few kids that are in swimming lessons that takes it seriously and really wants to learn. He absolutely loves the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment