Monday, July 29, 2013

Aldea Infantil: Meet Maribel

By: Brett Fotheringham, an intern at La Aldea Infantil:

July 5
Meet Maribel, at age seventeen, she happens to be the young lady to the right of me in the photo. Maribel is an absolutely amazing, fun, caring young girl it would sufficeth to say, but that doesn't matter because I am going to say more. As you may or may not see depending on how the above picture gets cropped, today was "Feliz Dia Maestro" or Happy Teacher Day. I accompanied Maribel to her school to help out with, and join in the festivities. In words, it was a blast! We made refreshments with the kids (see picture two for reference), and of course enjoyed said refreshments later in the day. We were also danced for, danced ourselves, and were serenaded by various students, staff members and volunteers. Maribel was one of the first people up to dance and did so with heart and style. She is always smiling, amiable, and ready to have put her heart into an activity. Maribel has quickly become one of my favorite kids here at the Aldea. I use the term kid loosely as she is only one year younger than I, but whatever, she's one of my favorite friends here at the Aldea I should say. I am loving life here and am increasingly saddened by the shortness of my stay here and wish I could remain at the Aldea longer, but all I can do is make the time left count! Next week's activities consist of capture the flag, baseball, and dance lessons. Bring it on. Until next week. Chao. 





No comments:

Post a Comment