Thursday, July 11, 2013

Aldea Infantil: El Día de Padres


June 15
Another week has gone by at the Aldea, much faster than the previous week. I feel like I'm getting into the swing things although every day is still an absolute adventure. Speaking of adventures, this week we celebrated 'El Día de Padres' with the Aldea, in which quite of the few kids either sang, danced, or even recited poetry. Afterwards the entire populace of the Aldea began to dance. It was admittedly rather awkward for me at first but once I got over that it was an absolute blast to dance with everyone. While dancing, my camera quickly found itself being passed around the room and I ended up with a bunch of priceless photos like the two above. The boy with the closeup shot is Miguel. Miguel is a special needs child who absolutely love to play basketball, dance, and just talk. He's a very loving individual who really just needs someone to spend time with. The same could be said however of just about every kid here. The two boys in the other picture are Jean Pierre (in the purple) and Juan Carlos (in the red). Both of them are very helpful, intelligent, hardworking, caring individuals who are so much fun to talk or play any kind of game with. I know in North America these boys would be guaranteed to have a bright future but  I'm concerned that they may not have the resources to do the things they are capable of given their current situations. There's so many ways these kids could be helped, I just hope to do some good for these goods, and teach them they can do anything if they just work at it hard enough. Anyhow I'm loving it here and am looking forward to week 3 immensely! Chao
-Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment