Friday, December 7, 2012

Semillas de Amor: Stephanie's last post



I have been rushing around finishing up things here at the foundation, I can’t believe I just have a week left, I feel like I have so much more to give to the community of Turbaco. Cookie has been running around like crazy people tying up all the loose ends with construction stuff, he’s been my best buddy this past week,  productive buddies!

The gardens are starting to produce and I’m sad that I won’t be here to see more but this week we will be picking all the cucumbers and will be making a salad for lunch. That will be fun.

Finishing up here is quite bitter/ sweet. The bitter- so sad to leave these amazing people who have taught be so much in the three months that I have been here and who have been so hospitable to me. The feeling like I need to stay and do more is also quite bitter. The sweet- I will go back get my MSW and be able to do more for communities like Turbaco , this experience has really helped me open my eyes to what I want to do in the future and I am excited to get started with it all. 

ECH is so grateful for Stephanie and other interns like her who have given so much of their time to children and communities in need! Learn more about becoming an intern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment