Thursday, December 6, 2012

Semillas de Amor: Meet Nacer


Stephanie, at Semillas de Amor introduces us to Nacer:


We have had a particular student who I am excited about and I really believe if he is given the right opportunity he could really excel. He comes without fail every day and is eager to get involved and help with everything that is going on the foundation. His name is Nacer (nea-ker), he is about ten years old. There is a painting on the wall of the foundation with a few different important people who have been involved in the foundation, Nacer is in that painting. He is not only the first one to walk in the doors every day and pick up a broom to start cleaning but also during the activities he is more often than not  the one raising his hand to tell me the answers which I am asking for. I believe that Nacer has taken ownership in his growth and the growth of the foundation because he has been involved from the beginning and in my time here we allowed Nacer to make some small decisions and by doing this it has just increased his involvement and passion for the foundation. I would love to see Necer in a leadership position in the foundation to help develop those skills that he has been showing but even more then that I would love the foundation to give back to Nacer the dedication he has given. My wish is to help him continue to secondary schools and eventually college.  If Nacer continues to have people who believe in him and resources to go to college I believe he could break the trend of generational poverty his family has seen in their day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment