Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Semillas de Amor: One of those weeks

Update from Stephanie at Semillas de Amor:

November 17
This week has been interesting with a number of set backs some personal and some dealing with the foundation. At the beginning of the week Uris informed me that the hotel that donates food to us every week was not able to come through this week and because of low funding we were not going to be able to get food from the food bank either. It´s a good thing my mom received a donation from a friend this past week that she is going to bring when she comes down to Colombia to visit me in two weeks. So I used my money to buy food this week and she will reimburse me when she comes.  Happy to be feeding the kids this week. I also bought paint to paint the new door and fences we put in. Cookie and I spent 5 hours stripping the bark off the sticks we used for the fences, we are no where near being done. Looks like this job will be taking me all week. Lesson learned strip bark before making a fence.
I have a few girls and myself who will be teaching handicraft making with the women this coming week. Its all planned out and im really excited I have been looking up different crafts online. This is something the women have expressed that they want to do. They want to learn how to make a number of different things so they can sell them and make money for there family. Hope all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment