Wednesday, March 7, 2012

La Aldea Infantil: Meet Camilo



Lauren, an intern at La Aldea Infantil, introduces us to Camilo:

This week has been full of fun. But, with fun comes hard work. When we had some time to ourselves one day, I went outside and tried to study some Spanish. Not long after I had sat down and started, one little boy named Camilo came over and asked what I was doing. I told him Spanish and he took it upon himself to be my helper and teach me some new words. He would point to something, and then tell me what it was called in spanish. Soon, he would tell me something, then ask what it was in Spanish. The problem was that he doesn't really know English so he would say something like "Manzana in Spanish is what?" and I would repeat "Manzana". He would get so excited because he thought I was getting better and that he was teaching me Spanish.


Camilo is the cutest little boy. He is 6 years old and has both an older brother and sister here at the Aldea. When I first found out that he is only 6, I couldn't believe it because he acts so much older . He is always willing to help and the first to volunteer for things, no matter if they are fun or not. He always has a smile on his face and just brightens up your day when you see him.

To learn more about La Aldea Infantil, view past posts or the Aldea page
Learn more about becoming an intern

No comments:

Post a Comment