Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kristelle is an English-learning Machine! (Kathryn)

Kristelle is on the right, her friend Alondra on the left

February 20 post from Kathryn:

Kristelle, 10 years old, is a beautiful, bright young girl with a strong desire to learn. She is constantly practicing her English and asking me how to say certain words. Her improvement is surpassing the other children, obviously due to her determination to studying the language. She is always quick to help the younger kids in their learning. During this past week, after dinner, Kristelle and I would round up some other kids and play a few games of Uno before bedtime. While playing, she not only helped me work on my pronunciations, but continued to keep a conversation going with me even though I am not the best at Spanish. She is patient and kind and loves a good joke. I have no doubt that she will be one of the better speaking students by the time I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment