Monday, February 28, 2011

The Duel! (Natalie)

February 28 post from Natalie:

Casa 3 vs. Casa 5 in futbol!!
I wanted to get the older boys more involved and do something with them so I challenged them to a battle in futbol, them against the volunteers. They laughed at first and didn't think I was serious, they were telling me we didn't stand a chance and all that trash talking. Once they realized I was being serious they got really excited and every time I saw them they would ask me when we were going to play.

We played on Monday and almost tied...they might be a little bit better than us...but it was a lot of fun and we did score a decent amount against them. They are really good! They all had a blast and loved getting a kick out of our lack of skills at different points in the game. Ever since then they have asked me to play everyday and I will proudly say I have improved enough to beat Jan Carlos and Ruben with it was so unfairly 2 against 1. They have also taken to pinning me down and soaking me for carnaval everyday and playing pranks on me, which translates into us being friends. They are hilarious! Seriously, they crack me up all the time, but definitely keep me on my toes and on the look out for gigantic bugs coming my way. I'm excited to get to know them better and continue playing against them, especially to continue winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment