Friday, August 2, 2013

Aldea Infantil: Estrella

By Justin Schow, an intern at La Aldea Infantil

July 21
As I look back on the last several weeks of my trip to Peru, I am reminded how much I have enjoyed my time at the Aldea Infantil. Our time here is drawing to a close and there are so many great experiences I have shared with the children that I will never forget.
A favorite daily experience of mine has been the time we spend in the mornings with the 6 or 7 youngest children at the Aldea. One of them is a beautiful 18-month-old little girl named Estrella. She is the daughter of one of the older girls. She is a little quieter than the others and doesn't say much, but every once in a while we can get her to say a few things and smile and laugh with us.
Being able to be around the younger ones is a different experience altogether than with the older kids, and I sincerely hope we are able to leave them all with a smile on their faces.



No comments:

Post a Comment