Wednesday, February 8, 2012

La Aldea Infantil: Update on Renzo


If you have been following this blog for awhile, you might remember a baby named Renzo who lives at La Aldea Infantil. He was slow to thrive as a baby and had a hard time walking. (See the first and second posts about him.) I was so happy to get this update on how he is doing from a current intern, Lauren: 

This week I got the opportunity to bond more with a little boy named Renzo. He is about 2 years old and very very shy. When I first met him, he would not have anything to do with me and whenever I tried to play with him or pick him up, he would start crying and run away. This made me sad and I kept coming up with ways in order to bond with him.
That moment finally came this week. Every day, our mornings consist of us watching the little babies while the tia’s try and get things done in the house. This week, I made it my mission to get Renzo to let me play with him and be happy. This finally happened! Another intern and I went and got some balls for the little kids to play with. When I brought out the soccer ball, Renzo ran right up to it and started to kick it. So, naturally, I went to get it and kicked it back to him. His face light up, it was so cute to see.
Ever since this experience with Renzo, he has warmed up to me much more. He is still very shy and sometimes still won’t have anything to do with me, but I feel that in the long run, I am making progress.
***
Thanks Lauren!
To learn more about La Aldea Infantil, you can view past blog posts or view the Aldea Infantil page. Learn more about becoming an intern or how to help a child like Renzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment