Friday, February 3, 2012

El Bichito: Meet Katherine

Brittany, an intern at El Bichito, introduces us to Katherine: 



 I’d like to introduce you to some of my new best friends here at El Bichito. On the left is Katherine, and on the right Ana Maria. 
Today I would really like to share with you how special I think Katherine is, and what a treasure she is to us all.  Katherine is 13 years old, and has a special love for life. The three of us have so appreciated her great help, and her willingness to be patient with our limited Spanish abilities.  She is the first one at our side when she sees us struggling with some of the other children, or when we just need an extra pair of hands.  She has an eagerness to learn and has so much fun with the crafts that we’ve been excitedly sharing with the children.  I’ve been able to work with her with making bracelets, braiding hair, painting nails, and crocheting, all of which she enjoyed almost as much as I did. I look forward to many more days working with Katherine.

Another one of my favorite things about this great girl is the love she has for her little brother, Alessandero.  Katherine is constantly making sure he is eating all his food, playing well with the other boys, and included in all the fun.  The love and dedication she shows towards her brother just melts my heart, and gives me hope.

***

Thanks Brittany!

Learn more about El Bichito by viewing more blog posts and viewing the El Bichito page. Learn more about becoming an intern or donating to help children like Katherine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment