Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Aldea Infantil: Shoots and ladders

A June 9 post from Megan, an intern at Aldea Infantil:

This week was by far one of the best I have ever experienced in my life.  A particular experience that stood out to me was working with my cute friend Alex.  Alex is four years old and loves to come over and play shoots and ladders.  (It really should only be called Ladders when we play because shoots aren't an option for him.)  While we were playing I noticed that Alex was a really good counter, but didn't actually recognize the number symbols. He was clearly a very intelligent kid so I knew that this would be something he could learn quickly.  I made some flashcards for him the next day and he was pretty excited to work on them.  It was a bit of a struggle because he would try and memorize the order and just guess, but with lots of shuffling we finally got them and we were both super excited.  I'm excited to work with the other kids his name and experience the same thing.  I'm working on a lot of fun games to play with the other 6 four year olds.  



No comments:

Post a Comment