Friday, June 15, 2012

El Bichito: Homework & reading program

**Note: Sorry things have been quiet on the blog lately! Our interns are still working hard and I have a lot to share! We will soon be all caught up with the activities and achievements of our awesome interns!**

From Stephanie, an intern at El Bichito:


May 10, 2012
This week we finally got to implement our new homework and reading program. We are getting a better hang of things and are better able to utilize our time and help the kids. I was really excited to help so many of them with their homework and see the excitement on their face as they accomplished their assignments and got to pick a sticker.

I particularly enjoyed the chance I got to work with a young boy named Hector who is always so shy! But as I consistently get the chance to help him with his homework he has been warming up and allowing me to read with him for a few minutes. He is learning lots of new words and enjoying the stories he reads. He is SO sweet! I love being here with the kids and interacting with them as they learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment