Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Meet Our New Interns: Amanda

*Amanda in Belize, where she did humanitarian work.

Amanda Quintana
Hello! My name is Amanda Quintana and I am a senior at Brigham Young University. This internship will officially complete my requirements for obtaining a degree in Public Health. I am a member of BYU's performing arts dance group Living Legends and am currently on tour with the group in Russia!! I love being here and sharing my Latin culture with the Russian people. I am fascinated by people, their culture, traditions, beliefs and values. I am so excited to dive in to the rich Peruvian culture and work with the people there. My interest in serving with Eagle Condor is derived from my deep desire to help others, especially children. I have dedicated the last few years of my education to the study of how to improve the quality of life of others. I know that I am going to Peru in hopes of helping the people there, but I also know that I have much to learn from each of them as well. I can't wait to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment