Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Little Bug (by Michelle)

(Note: This is from Michelle who was on our June 09 expedition to The Little Bug.)

I was able to be a part of the first group ever that went to the El Bichito. I have to say that the effort that is put into helping those children is truly amazing and the kids are very deserving of it! Many of the kids were very sweet and willing to do anything that we asked of them as we poked and prodded them for their physical. It was very sweet to see them warm up to us and ultimately let down their guards and play games with us. I loved seeing all of the smiling faces and couldn't help but take pictures of them all! My favorite part was sitting with a group and taking their picture several times while showing them after each one how beautiful they are. Their entire face lit up when they would see themselves. I know without a doubt that the new addition to the El Bichito is for a worthy cause and those children will benefit greatly. I loved my experience there so much that I would love to go back to see my friends again and see the good of what became of something I got to help start!

PS: Remember our banquet on Fri. Sept 25th at Thanksgiving Point. See our website www.southerncrosshumanitarian.org for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment