Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Semillas de Amor: Halloween

October 31
By Colby Thomas

This week we had a giant Halloween party for the kids at the foundation. Not only did we serve the regular lunch, but we had dance competitions, sing-offs, and played a few games with the children. Ben tried to teach the kids "We are the Titans" except he changed it to "We are Colombians." I did my best to help out but for the most part I couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny to Ben and I how the costumes in Colombia are no different than the costumes in the states. The girls were all Disney princesses, and the boys were a superhero of some sort. Their imaginations ran wild as they took some of the unused clothes from the clothing drive and dressed Ben and I up. Ben got to be some Greek God with a sash and a sword, and I was a nurse. I'm not bitter or anything, but I feel like the kids pulled rank on me since I've been here a month less :p At least I had a sweet afro. We also pulled together some money to buy the kids some cake, ice cream, soda, and candy. Too bad for their mothers though, as we sent their already hyper kids home even more energized. It was no doubt an exhausting day, but to see the happiness and joy on the children's faces made all the effort well worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment