Tuesday, October 22, 2013

El Bichito: Healthy eating & recycling

By Sunny Hicken
October 13

A while ago I brought out some carrots sticks to share with the kids, and they gave me pretty wary looks. But one kid tried it, and now when I bring out a bowl of carrot sticks, I get mobbed and I have to emphasize “Just take one!” I keep telling myself I need to take time to prepare more carrot sticks more often. After all, I can get a whole kilo of carrots for just one “sol” if I make it to the market in downtown Cajamarca. But there’s always so much to do and choices to make! At least the short supply keeps the demand high.




We have made a few things out of recycling, such as the beginnings of a marble run out of toilet paper rolls that we are taping onto the wall. Alex brought in a box and made himself a radio, that the kids all loved.






No comments:

Post a Comment